There are several features of Android mobile operating system. We can say it is a monster. Android operating system is customizable, extensible and versatile.
The most vital aspect that affects the success of any mobile operating system (OS) is advance features and Android OS is offering great features. These features are spreading the magic among Android developers/programmers as well as Android based hand-held users-
The top user-centric features of Android are as follows-
- Google Maps with turn-by-turn navigation- It offers turn-by-turn navigation. It works like a GPS unit which informs you when your next turn was coming up.
- Apps are try-before-you-buy- Android apps are try before you buy. That is user can try the applications before purchasing them.
- Removable Battery- Almost all of the Android devices have a removable battery. You can buy your own replacement battery and change it easily.
- Android is far more open than any other OS– Android allows apps interact with it on a core level.
- Most devices have expandable storage – With SD card support you can keep adding to phone’s storage abilities. It will help you to make room for your music and movies.
- Flash Support – Android OS support Flash. By this you have access to full web.
- Endless Sharing Options- Android will identify any app capable of sharing something and make it available to you.
- More widgets than you can handle – It allows lots of customization and placement of loads of widgets.
- A built-in Data Usage Monitor- These do what you would expect. Overall data is monitored, as is the data requested by each individual app, making it easy for you to see if a particular app is hogging all of your data. Also the total percentage of your data is being consumed by web surfing.
These are far from only few features found in Android. There are several other features of Android which makes it most popular platform in the market.
Android Market is the online software store developed by Google for Android devices. An application program (“app”) called “Market” is preinstalled on most Android devices and allows users to browse and download apps published by third-party developers, hosted on Android Market.
- 2.3 Gingerbread
- 3.0 Honeycomb
- 3.1 Honeycomb
- 3.2 Honeycomb
- 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich